BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION BCII & FBI ELECTRONIC “WEBCHECKS"
CCESC offers BCII and FBI Electronic Background Checks for the Local Clermont County Schools. The fee for combined BCII & FBI report is $60 or $35 for a single BCII and $35 for a single FBI.
WEBCHECK Operators are not always available to perform BCII & FBI background checks. For this reason, it is highly advisable to call and make an appointment. NO WALK INS PLEASE.
Appointment times are from 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. & 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Call 513-735-8340 to make an appointment.
A valid Driver’s License must be presented before reports can be processed.
House Bill 190 requires that all districts comply with these for hiring and employment procedures.
1. A district must run criminal background checks for all job applicants who seek employment, and not just those who will be involved with the care, custody or control of children.
2. District employers may request both Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCII) records and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) records, regardless of how long an applicant has resided in Ohio.
3. Districts must repeat both record checks every 5 years for employees on a permanent certificate & for employees whose positions do not require a certificate. All other employees will repeat FBI record checks when they renew their license.
4. District employers are prohibited from hiring or continuing to employ any person who has been convicted of or plead guilty to any crime that disqualifies that individual for employment with a public school under current law, unless the employee qualifies for rehabilitation status under Ohio Revised Code 3319.39.
TWO WAYS TO RECEIVE YOUR REPORT(S)
(1) Your report(s) may be mailed directly from the Bureau of Investigation to your District Board Administration Office or employer. This process could take three or more weeks for the reports to be received.
(2) You may request we deliver your report(s) to your District Board Administration Office or employer. The waiting time for your report(s) is usually 2-3 business days.
(3) You must sign a “Request for a Background Check via Electronic Fingerprinting” form and sign a “Dissemination Form” before we may release your report(s) to your district and or/your employer.
Background Check via Electronic Fingerprinting Form
A valid Driver’s License must be presented and sign a Dissemination Log for the release
of their report(s).
The report(s) will be delivered to your District Board Administration Office or employer.