Sign Language Interpreter Services
Clermont County ESC provides quality sign language interpreter services to help ensure students with hearing impairments or communication challenges can understand instruction and communicate with teachers and peers throughout the school day.
Clermont County ESC will:
- Provide quality educational interpreting using student’s method of communication (ASL, CASE, SEE and Oral Transliteration)
- Ensure that interpreters have proper credentials and are credentialed by the Ohio Department of Education as an Educational Interpreter
- Provide substitute interpreters who are qualified to meet student’s needs
- Routinely evaluate the technical skills and performance of each educational interpreter.
- Provide interpreter services for school related functions (these services are contracted on an hourly, as needed basis)
o After school functions including extracurricular student activities, programs, graduations, meetings, class trips, and more
Do you have a student who you are not sure needs or would benefit from an educational interpreter?
Clermont County ESC has a professional staff (teachers, interpreters) who can conduct an Interpreter Assessment and provide suggestions for educational teams.
Assessments can include:
- Meeting with the student, teacher and family to discuss communication needs
- Observing the student in a variety of educational settings and situations
- Interact with the student using a variety of sign language communication styles
- Assess current level of sign language vocabulary and ability to learn and produce signs for communication
- Written report of assessment/observation
- Attend team meetings to discuss assessment and answer questions